Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Great Mission Accomplished: Recover Unbootable Windows 7


Just received a PC unit which unable to start last Sunday night. Based on the info provided, my initial thought was the graphic card might be causing problem. However after detailed inspection, it seems the system can start up till BIOS then remain black. 

That means several possibilities: The PC might be virus infected, the Windows 7 is crashed (coz can't even enter safe mode), the boot up segment is corrupted. After isolate chances of hardware faulty, I proceed with caution as Windows 7 is still very new & I believe not many has on hand experience on handling such case. 

After 2 days of technical research & attempt, the system is finally back to normal with all data & files remain intag (the just rectified unit is still next to me when I wrote this post). However I must admit the remedy process took hours & is a hassle journey. To keep it short, it requires you to have a Password Reset Tool as the system was locked after corrupted (lucky still able to access), a Recovery Tool to generate new start file, and finally Windows 7 Repair Tool to run a detail repair sequence.

So next time if anyone of you need my help on similar situation, do let me know (Charges may be applied though :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment