Sunday, December 13, 2009

Recap on Penang Trip : 10 Dec - 13 Dec 2009

A planned visit to Penang with my friends with main purpose to attend my close friend's wedding. We've make the schedule 2 days advance so we can go walk-walk, eat-eat and see-see at Penang Island since my last visit which is almost 2 years ago.

I followed my friend's car who reached my house around 6.30am while I'm still rubbing my eyes. The 4 1/2 hours journey is nothing to me as I continue my dream session excluding the short stoppage for breakfast. We reached our resting spot, Old Penang located at Georgetown at about 10.30am based on the help of GPS and pre-google.


Old Penang, a homestay guesthouse located at Georgetown.

After unloaded our stuff, we headed for the food hunt tour (mainly at Jalan Penang) such as follow:


Cendol which is a must try at Penang not only for the flavor but also to counter the hot weather.


Asam Laksa which taste sour and spicy.


Lobak which means seasoned pork meat served with delicious sauce.


Iron plate mee where the mee is pre-fried and mix with meat and vege.

Meanwhile for places we've visited during the 1st day are also within walking distance:


Guan Ying Temple.


Walking on streets which seems like time travel to the past.

The next day after checkout, we continue the eat full-full, nothing do journey......


Gek Lok Temple, located at Air Hitam.


The giant Guan Ying statue located at the top of the hill on Gek Lok Temple.


The famous Asam Laksa stall located nearby Gek Lok Temple


Him Heang located at Burma Street where you can get famous Dragon Ball cookies for gift.

Finally we reached the groom's house at about 10.00pm. Since long time no see, must snap some photos:


Fun Heng (the front busy talking via handphone), from left: me and Jun Pin (the lucky guy)


Front (from left): Jun Pin, Chin Khoon & Yen Ann, me at the back

We stayed one night at the dedicated home-stay guesthouse and headed for the big ceremony the next day morning. As usual for Chinese wedding, we also went for the wedding dinner session:


Front (from left): Jee Ken, me, Caine Yee and Soon Leng. Back (from left): Fook Yang and Chit Han.

It was a memorable session as some of us had not meet for 10 years...... Although this is not a complete group photo (some can't attend), it is still a very happy moment as we drank & bluff around. I got drunk after 7 glasses of beer (trust me, I still able to count) but managed to gain back normal sense during the later chatting session after the event.

During Sunday morning, we had a short meet up with the newlywed and headed for brunch where we had delicious fried small chicken, steamed octopus, fish and my 1st attempt on Tuak which is a light alchoholic drink brewed from coconut flower. All went well until we had a small accident when we make our move back home......Luckily nobody is injured and we managed to solve the issue in calm manner.

Conclusion of the trip: Great. Keep in touch buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment