Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some great quotes from one of the richest man in the world: Warren Buffett

Just read through some articles on the internet (which I've been doing very frequently recently) and notice this post which I find very inspiring. I've read book about Mr. Warren on his experience in stock market & most of the key points can be found within these quotes:

"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1."

"Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."

"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company with a wonderful price."

"You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out."

"Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down."

"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."

"I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over."

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and so well."

"Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good results."

"In the business world, the rear view mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

"The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth."

I guess the main teaching here is face your worse enemy: you yourself. Only by learning to know the limits & understand when is the right time to make proper action. For sure these will help in my future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment